Environmental projects for Permit and COMAH often require some form of site inspection or survey, including:
- site walkover
- photographic surveys
- infrastructure condition inspection (environmental protection)
- drain location and direction.
More detailed inspections may also be necessary, requiring the services of sub-contractors, such as:
- CCTV surveys to assess drain condition
- utility location surveys, using remote sensing such as magnetic surveys or ground penetrating radar
- topographical surveys, usually laser but may not always be possible in some locations
- engineering inspections e.g. structural inspections of bunds.
In the case of potentially hazardous activities undertaken by sub-contractors, such as the drainage CCTV work where Confined Space Entry is likely to be required, we usually supervise personnel directly on site.
We have close links with a core group of sub-contractors who are suitably qualified and experienced in working in hazardous manufacturing environments, but we are also happy to work with a site’s own suppliers where appropriate.
If you need help with Environmental Inspection, contact Janet on 01422 24 22 22 or email Janet.